Mercy Road Daily Prayer ~ Friday, December 9, 2011



Lord,

I look to you for safety and come to you for protection. Do not fail me, nor let me be condemned. Protect me in your goodness and listen to me in your love. Be a strong place for me to hide from the storms of life that threaten to overwhelm my soul, and keep me safe from the dangers that lurk in unsuspecting places.

Lord, I have given you my life, but I confess that I have not given up the worthless idols and vain pursuits that I’ve been chasing, along with so many others in this world. Rescue my spirit from the desire for acclaim and affirmation. Turn my heart from longing for financial security and material wealth. Give me peace in my faith, and make me contentment in your word. Even when I am afflicted with illness or distressed over some temporary trouble, let me find joy in your love for me, and thankfulness for your protection. Make my feet follow the safe path you have given me, which leads me straight to you.

Be gracious to me, God, in my suffering and distress. Though I know most of my anxiety is unnecessary, and self-inflicted, sometimes, I just can’t help it. I worry about my families’ safety and well being. I’m concerned about paying my bills, and I fear that I won’t be able to continue at my current pace, and I wonder how everything will get done if I stumble and fall. Though I know I should just, “trust you more,” I confess Lord, at times, I don’t, and I fret about what tomorrow will bring.

Gracious God, help me to trust you. Give me the courage to close my eyes and follow you by faith and not by sight. Do not forget me or leave me for dead, but help me to remember that I am always in your care. In your abundant kindness, show me your favor and raise me above the evil, sin, suffering and sorrow of this broken world. Keep me safe in every endeavor I pursue by your grace and for your glory.

Tell me that you’ll rescue me from my constant worries and fears. Let me know that you will save me from my sin; for you are my forgiveness, redemption, and relief. You are my salvation and the freedom of my soul from my slavery to sin.

Who is like you, Lord? Who can compare to your greatness and glory? Nothing in this world has the truth that you have. No one gives the grace that you give. So, do not silent, but speak your truth and demonstrate your grace, to all who trust in you for the salvation, and the forgiveness of sins, by grace, through faith in Jesus Christ, in whose name I pray, Amen.

~ Read: Psalm 31, 35; Haggai 1; Revelation 2:18-29; Matthew 23:27-39