Mercy Road Daily Prayer ~ Monday, December 5, 2011



Gracious Lord God,

I give my life to you. I put my trust in you. I offer you my heart, soul, strength and mind, so I pray you will not let me down. Please don’t let me be defeated. Don’t let my failures, fears, or worries get the best of me. Don’t let me be overwhelmed my struggles, stress or sin. In know that you promise to care for those who seek you and trust you, but honestly, Lord, sometimes I doubt.

Sometimes I wonder if you are listening, or if you really care; so I call out in hope, that somehow it's real, and maybe you're truly there. Show me your ways, Lord, and teach me how to follow you. Teach me to live according to your truth, and help me to trust in your grace more fully today. Help me to trust that salvation comes from you, and not from the self-righteous works that I do. Give me the patience to wait on you.

Remember to show me mercy, Lord. Remember your great love. Do not let my selfishness or sin change the way you look at me, nor cause you to turn away; for you are good, gracious, and forgiving; and you promise to lead me back to you.

Help me, then, to follow your commands, with all humility, and live according to your word. Give me the strength and courage to be faithful and true to you. Pardon my guilt, though I know it is great, and forgive my constant failure to obey. Kill the selfish desires in my heart that make me think of myself, first, and foremost; and help me to live only for you.

Show me how to worship you, Lord. Show me how to serve. Fix my heart on doing your will, every single day, and fill it with your enduring joy when I do. Make me prosper and grow through your work in my life, and help me always to see the many great things you have done in the past and how you are constantly blessing me.

Turn my eyes to you, and pull my feet from the place where they are stuck. Look to me Lord, in my helplessness and fear, and demonstrate your grace to me; for I feel as though I am all alone, and I can’t seem to calm my fears.

No matter how hard I try, my troubles just seem to grow, causing me great worry and stress. I realize they shouldn’t because you are in control, and on good days, I can convince myself that is true; but on bad days I think I am beyond hope, and suspect you don’t really care. However, because you have promised that my sins are forgiven, and all of your words still stand true; I will trust you to guard my life and redeem my soul, and give all the glory to you.

In the name of your Son, Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior, I pray, Amen

~Read: Psalm 25, 9, 15; Amos 7:1-9; Revelation 1:1-8; Matthew 22:23-33