Mercy Road Daily Prayer ~ Thursday, December 8, 2011



Lord God,

Why do I worry about those who seem to get away with their selfishness and sin? Why do I let them make me so frustrated? Ultimately, I know that the time will come when all their wickedness and evil catches up with them. One day, they will have to stand before you and give an account for everything they have done.

So, I trust you Lord, and I strive to do good. I try to live according to your word in a way that honors you. I look to you with hope, knowing that only you can give me the joy, and peace, I long for. I commit myself to you so that my justice and honesty reflect your righteousness and bring you glory and honor.

Gracious God, help me to wait patiently for you and make me listen for your voice in stillness and quiet. Give me peace and remove the anxieties and fears of my heart. Help me to let go of the anger, bitterness, and resentment I feel towards those who have hurt, discouraged, ridiculed, and rejected me for no apparent reason. Give me a heart that forgives, the way you have forgiven me; for, I understand that any struggles I have, or troubles I suffer at the hands of others, are temporary. I know you bless the virtues of humility and honor, over pride and corruption. You give me peace, and I desire it all the more.

Lord, keep the frustration I feel with things aren’t going well, from erupting in anger or violence, and help me to let it go. Give me contentment with the blessings I have, and remove the grumbling and complaining spirit from my heart. Uphold me in your righteousness, and make my ways blameless and true, so that I can remain in your presence forever.

Do not let me go the way of wickedness and evil, which leads to destruction and separation from you. But let me delight in your law. Let me find joy and comfort in your word. Help me to love justice and to hate inequality and discrimination. Make my mouth speak your truth in love, instead of falseness and deceit. Write your law on my heart and fill my actions with grace. By the power of your Spirit living in me, use everything I think, say, and do, to bring glory and honor to you.

As for me, Lord, I will wait patiently for your return. I will worship and serve you with great anticipation of your return. Deliver me from my troubles, redeem me from my sin, and save me from myself, through your Son, Jesus, who lives to intercede for me. Through him, and by his holy name, I pray, Amen.

~ Read: Psalm 37:1-40; Amos 9:1-10; Revelation 2:8-17; Matthew 23:13-26