Mercy Road Daily Prayer ~ Tuesday, December 20, 2011



Lord God,

You fill the earth with your glory, and bring joy to those who serve you. You deserve all worship and praise because of your grace, truth, justice, and mercy. You are more wonderful than words can describe, more awesome than I can understand. Your power and strength are beyond compare; and your goodness and love are incomprehensible.

When I consider the wonders, you have done—how you created the earth and filled it with all sorts of wonderful things—I am simply overwhelmed with amazement. It brings me great comfort and peace to know that you are sovereign, and nothing is out of your control.

I pray that my life will be a blessing to you, that my words will honor you, and my actions will bring you glory. Use my sins, to humble my heart, and remind me how much I need you. My life is in your hands, Lord. Purify my heart and keep me from falling away from you.

Continue to fill my life with your abundant blessing. Let me have the privilege of worshiping you in your house. Help me to keep my promises to love and obey you in everything I do; and keep me from saying things that stir up trouble. Take my life; make me holy and righteous. Listen to my prayer as you have in the past. Do not reject me, because I need your help.

Be gracious to me and bless me, Lord. Look upon me, and show me your favor. Be merciful to me, so that others might see how wonderful, you are and turn to you. Show me your great love and listen to my requests for help, then I will call on you as long as I live; for my life grows ever shorter. With each passing day, I come closer to my end, but I know you will save me. I need to know you won’t abandon me in the grave, because you preserve the humble and protect the weak.

Lord, bless me, and let my soul rest with you again. Be my comfort and peace when my mind is troubled. Give me shelter and safety from life’s storms. Teach me to walk with you and follow where you lead. I never doubted you Lord, even when I struggled, but I have doubted myself. I have questioned my dedication, loyalty, devotion to your word. I have wondered about whether I truly love you as much as I would like to believe; for I know my own unfaithfulness. I recognize how selfish I can be.

Everyone sins and falls short of your glory. All are malicious and deceitful inside. No one can earn your forgiveness and salvation, all we can do is praise you for what you have given us freely through Jesus Christ. Rescue me from the bonds of sin and free me from the selfishness within, that I might call on you and worship your holy name, until you come again, by the power of your Spirit, in Jesus’ name.

Amen.

~Read: Psalm 66, 67; 116, 117; 1 Samuel 2:1-10; Titus 2:1-10; Luke 1:26-38.