Mercy Road Daily Prayer & Bible Reading ~ Wednesday, January 4, 2012


Lord God,

You are mighty. You are infinite, and perfect. You are eternal, and pure. You are all knowing, all powerful; all present, and proficient. You never change or fail. You never grow tired or weary. Your justice, mercy, faithfulness, and love are boundless. Your grace and truth have no end. You are beyond my imagination. You are far more amazing than I can understand.

Yet, you made me in your image. You created me to be like you. From the dust, you formed me, and gave me a mind to think, a heart to love, and a body, to work and serve at your will. You made me creative, compassion, thoughtful, and just. Though I am not perfect, all powerful, all present or wise, you created me in your image, and gave me a purpose: to live for your glory and enjoy your blessing; so, that is what I desire to do.

Help me, Lord, to serve you. Give me the strength to obey. Grant me the skills to do the work you call me to do; and help me to find joy and contentment as I do.
Lord, I know that you will likely ask me to do something that is difficult. I realize that I may be called to do something that others will find absurd. I understand that following you requires sacrifice and humility: two things that don’t come naturally to me. Nevertheless, I will do them because you ask me to. I will obey because I love you; yet, I know that I’m going to need your help.

I know that I am too weak to resist seeking my own comfort, and happiness. I know that I am easily tempted to selfishness. I know that my sin deserves your condemnation, but I pray you will help me to lead a righteous life. Give me the strength, through your Spirit living in my heart, to resist my sin and be honor to you. Help me, Lord, to obey your will, even when you are asking me to do something that is difficult, embarrassing, or uncomfortable. For I truly want to glorify you with my life. I want to be faithful and obedient to all that you command.

By your grace, and for your glory, I pray all these things in Jesus’ name, Amen.
 

~ Read Genesis 5-6