Mercy Road Daily Prayer & Bible Reading ~ Tuesday, January , 2012

~ Read Job 11-12 Text, Audio

Lord God,

How long do I have to call out to you? Must I ramble on for you to hear me? Please answer my prayer, and hear my plea for help; for the words of men are no comfort to me. The thing's others say to me, though some be true, fail to relieve my doubt and despair.

Lord, please know that I’m not questioning your wisdom or sovereignty. I know that you have the power and authority to do as you please, and you need not answer to me, or anyone else, for that matter. Nevertheless, I need you to help me understand the struggles I face and the suffering I endure. I need you to explain why things must be the way that they are, and why it’s taking so long for you to come again.

If only you spoke to me, Lord, so I could hear your voice. Then, maybe my faith wouldn’t be so shaky. If you told me what you think, and shared some of your wisdom, perhaps life wouldn’t be such a mystery; but right now, I just don’t know what to think.

Sometimes Lord, I feel like I am being punished. Though I recognize that the troubles, I endure are far less serious than those of others, they’ve gone on so long, they are beginning to wear me down, and I can’t help but get discouraged. If I’m doing something to prolong them, or make them worse, please show me, Lord. Please demonstrate what I can change to ease my own suffering; but as it is, there is nothing I can do, except wait on you for a reply.

Please don’t reject me, Lord. Don’t ignore me because of the questions that I ask. I know your plans are far greater than I can ever understand, and I accept that my wisdom and knowledge are small, and limited. You know that my heart is sincere, and my motives are not false. You know that I want to do your will, and glorify you with my life; but let’s face it Lord; I cannot lift myself up by my bootstraps. I cannot act my way to a successful existence, nor think my way to more peace. I cannot have my best life now, because I am a broken person living in a fallen world that is in great need of your healing, forgiveness, and grace.

So help me continue to hope in you. Help me to lay my troubles aside so that I can rest in your safety and peace; for the words of those who try to encourage me, are like salt on open wounds; but true wisdom and power to heal are found in your words, so I will wait patiently for you, by the power of your Spirit, who gives me strength.

I humbly pray in Jesus’ name, Amen and amen.