Mercy Road Daily Prayer & Bible Reading ~ Tuesday, February 14, 2012

~ Read Genesis 20-21 Text, Audio

Lord God,

You are just and merciful, gracious and kind. You protect me, and care for me even when I can’t see what you are doing, or feel your presence. Just as you kept your promise to Abraham and Sarah, so too, you always keep your promises to me. You’ve blessed my life beyond my greatest expectations, and I am deeply grateful. Though I confess that I often take them for granted, you have given me so many good things, there truly is not enough time in the day for me to list them. I lack nothing that I need, even though there are things I still desire.

Forgive me, Lord, when I complain about the things that I do not have, instead of rejoicing in the things that I do have. Forgive me when I grumble that life is not fair, or try to suggest that I somehow deserve better. That you owe me more. Forgive me when I forget that you are the most important thing in my life. I need you, Lord, and I know that. Help me to live in that truth today.

Help me to speak your truth boldly, when your truth needs to be spoken; but help me to do so with gentleness, grace, and love. Give me an unquenchable desire for justice, matched only by compassion and mercy for this lost and broken world. Deepen my relationship with you, gracious God, so that I may follow you as you ask me to do.

I thank you, Lord, for calling me, and giving me the faith that I need to love you. Thank you for the many blessings you have bestowed upon my life. Thank you for my family and friends, and the lives we share together. Thank you for the privilege of being part of your plan. Use me, Lord, to build your Kingdom and serve your purposes.

Make me obedient today as I seek to bring you honor. Give me a trusting heart as I live to praise your name. Help me to do everything by your grace and for your glory, just as Jesus did everything with your grace and for your glory.

In his holy and majestic name I  pray. Amen.