Mercy Road Daily Prayer & Bible Reading ~ Wednesday, February 15, 2012
~ Read Genesis 22-23 Text, Audio

Lord God,

How much do I trust you? How much am I willing to sacrifice for you? Could I give up the things that are most important to me, if you asked me to? When I consider Abraham’s faith, and how he was willing to obey you, I’m not sure that I could. Though I do believe in your Lord, I just don’t know if I trust you enough. I don’t know if my faith is as strong as it needs to be.

Though I realize that you give your people the faith they need to do whatever you call them to do, as it stands right now, Lord, I don’t feel like I have what I need, and I really desire more. I don’t feel like I possess the faith I need, to face all the struggles in my life. I don’t know if I trust you enough to give you control of all my worries and fears. No doubt, I want to Lord. I want to be free from the burden of carrying around the anxieties of my heart that weight me down.

I don’t want to fret about money, or whether I’ll be able to pay all my bills. I don’t want to worry about my kids, and whether they’ll be safe when they are away from me. I don’t want to be overly concerned about my health or that of my loved ones, as if we are not under your care. And I don’t want to be paranoid about every little thing that others say and do as if my life revolved around their opinions and expectations.

Lord, I don’t want to be afraid of the future and what it might bring. I don’t want to wake up each day wondering what might go wrong, or whether I can make it through. I don’t want my thoughts to be filled with the “what ifs” and “whys” of life. I only want my thoughts to be filled with you.

Lord, please give me the faith of a mustard seed so that I can trust you more. I don’t need to move mountains, walk on water, or calm raging seas. I’m not even asking to heal the blind, cure the deaf, or make the lame walk. I just want enough faith to rest in you.

I want the faith to trust you to heal my broken relationships, instead of always trying to fix them on my own. I want enough faith to have a grateful heart, so I can see all the blessings you’ve given me, even when I’m having a crummy day. I want the faith to remember that your Spirit is with me, and know that I am never alone. I just want enough faith, Lord, to stop fearing tomorrow, worrying about others, and over analyzing myself, so I can simply find peace in you.

Help me, Lord Jesus, because I do believe in you. Please, help my unbelief.

In your holy name I pray, Amen