Mercy Road Daily Prayer & Bible Reading ~ Friday, February 17, 2012

~ Read Genesis 26-27 Text, Audio

Guide me, Lord God, and bless my life. Watch over me and lead me to where you want me to go. Give me all that I need to serve you and live by your word. Bless me, that I may be a blessing to others. Protect me, Lord, from the troubles of the day, and give me the strength to stand against all that would threaten to lead me from you. Help me to consider the consequences of my sins before I commit them. Help me to resist the temptation to justify my transgressions; for I know there is no justification for the selfish things that I do.

Gracious God, make me a means of your peace and not an agent of strife. Though others wrong me, help me to bring reconciliation to the broken relationships in my life by reflecting your wonderful grace. Give me the heart to forgive others just as you have forgiven me; and lead me in the way of your righteous mercy, so I can bring glory and honor to you.

Lord Jesus, I know that you understand my plight. I know that you know what I go through. You see the stress I endure. You know the strain I am under. I realize you have experienced the same struggles I experience, and I know that should give me great comfort. Nevertheless, I confess, Lord, that my worries and fears remain. The anxieties that should be eased by your promises still eat at me, and I just can’t seem to shake them.

I know you have blessed my life, because I see it every day in the faces of my friends and families. I recognize that all that is good in my life comes from your gracious hand; but sometimes, merciful God, the things I dread seem so real and strong, they keep my heart from experiencing the fullness of your love. The strains in this life are often so great they seem to block my view of your glory.

Don't give up on me, Gracious God. Save me, because I am weak and weary of sin and strife. Rescue me from the grief and guilt that bears down on my soul; and give me your blessing. Remove the worries and fears that keep me from receiving the fullness of your grace and blessing. Forgive me of the selfishness and sin that undermines my relationship with you, and renew me through your Holy Spirit once again.

In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen