Mercy Road Daily Prayer & Bible Reading ~ Monday, March 5, 2012

~ Read Genesis 48-49

Lord God,

Bless me and make me fruitful. Fulfill your promise to save me, and glorify yourself in my life. Give me the joy of letting me see the great work you are doing through me, and strengthen me to do your will; for you alone are awesome. Only you are worthy of my praise. You deserve my worship because of who you are. You deserve my service, because of the great things you have done. You are my shepherd, guide, redeemer and King. You are my God.

Help me, Lord, to be your witness today. Show me how to lead others to you. Give me the wisdom to teach them your ways, and demonstrate how they should glorify you. Help me to correct them when they need to be corrected, encourage them when they need encouraged, support them when they need supported, and challenge them when they need challenged. Most importantly, Lord, help me to love them, whatever may come, just as you have always loved me. Give me the ability to represent your grace and truth to them, and to demonstrate the great forgiveness you have shown me.

Lord, I know that my sins are worse than they seem to me. I realize that my brokenness is deeper than I'd like to admit. I know how patient you've been with me, and I pray you will continue to be merciful to me. I understand that I'm terribly prideful, often unkind, generally selfish, and greedy. I recognize how lazy I can be when it comes to obeying your commands, and I know that I have no excuse. I realize I am regularly irritable and impatient with those I love, repeatedly jealous of those who seem to be getting ahead, and constantly frustrated that I continue to struggle with the same things day-after-day. I know that I need your forgiveness as much as, if not more than, anyone who has ever sinned against me, so I pay, Lord God, you will show me once again, how merciful and gracious you can be.

Give me a heart that is true to you, and grateful for everything that you do. Help me to see and appreciate the many great things you have already given to me. Bless me and make me fruitful. Fulfill your promise to save me, and glorify yourself in my life. Give me the joy of letting me see the great work you are doing through me, and strengthen me to do your will; for you are awesome, Lord God. You alone are worthy of my service and worship.

By the power of your Spirit, through Jesus Christ, I pray, Amen.

www.mercy-road.org