Mercy Road Daily Prayer & Bible Reading ~ Wednesday, March 7, 2012

~ Read  Exodus 1-2

Lord God,

It's truly amazing how you care for your people, and wonderful how you preserve their lives. It's incredible the way you work through their trials and troubles to provide for them and accomplish your greater plan. I marvel at the way work all things out for the well-being of those who love you and are called according to your purposes. I praise you because I know you are in control, and there is nothing you cannot accomplish.

If you can take care of Joseph and his family, then surely you can take care of me. After all, his problems were so much bigger than mine, it's not even a fair comparison. If you can protect him from his brother's malicious betrayal, then certainly you can protect me from those who malign my name. If you can provide for him during his time of imprisonment, surely you can provide for me when finances are tight. If you can raise him from his lowly position as a slave to a place of honor, there's no doubt you can bless me. If you can use him to glorify and honor you, then surely you can use me.

I know, gracious God, that I have no reason to doubt you, but I confess I often do when life is difficult and things are not going the way I hoped I admit my faith is weak, and my motives are selfish. I know that I am so far from your holy standard that I don't even deserve a second glance from you, yet you give me so much more.

I thank you for the many blessings that I have, and I pray you will give me a grateful heart for everyone of them. Do not let me take anything for granted, but help me to appreciate all the great things that I have in my life, from my wonderful friends and loving family, to all the material provisions you have given me. I truly have much more than I deserve, and I have you to thank for it all.

Thank you, God, with all of my heart. Thank you for who you are and everything you have done for me. Thank you for blessing my life, for loving me, and providing for all of my needs. Fill my heart with the joy and peace of knowing how much you care for me, and help my life to glorify and honor you.

In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

www.mercy-road.org