Mercy Road Daily Prayer & Bible Reading ~ Thursday, March 15, 2012

~ Read Exodus 13-14

Lord God,

Consecrate me, and make me holy. Set me apart for your service and worship. Take my life and use it for your glory and honor; for, you, set me free from my sin and selfishness. You brought me out of the darkness of my guilt and shame, and into the light of your salvation. You redeemed me from my pride and arrogance so that I might be reconciled and devoted to you. .

You bless me in abundance, though I didn't earn it. You preserve my life and protect me, though I've done nothing to deserve such care. I teach my children all about your truth and love because of the great things you have done for me, and I offer my life to you.

 

Lord God, all that I have is a blessing from you: my time, my money, my talents and skills, my possessions, my health, my family and friends; everything I have is the result of your goodness and care. All of it pours out from your unending love for me. I cannot withhold any of it from you, because it all came from you in the first place, so I offer you my life. "Take my life, and let it be consecrated, Lord, to Thee. Take my moments and my days; let them flow in ceaseless praise." Take everything that I have, gracious God, and use it for your glory, honor, and praise. Make my life a celebration of the redemption you provided through your Son, our sacrificial Lamb, who died so that I might be saved, and he might be the first born among many sons and daughters. Take my life and lead me, Lord, just as you lead your people out of Egypt, and into the promised land. Guide me and preserve my life, from this day forward, and forevermore.

Show me how to honor you. Teach me how to serve. Give me a heart of worship, Lord, and an abundance of your grace so that I can pass it on to everyone I meet. Show me how to love those I do not like. Teach me how to forgive. Pour out an abundance of your mercy upon me, so that it flows uncontrollably out of me.

Guide me, Lord, as I wander through this life, for there are many trials and temptations to lead me astray. Direct my footsteps and light the way I should go, so I don't get confused and travel down the wrong path. Help me to trust your leading, even when I can't see where you are going, and continue to be my protection in times of danger and trouble.

Give me a grateful heart, Lord God, for everything you have done; and hear my prayers today, in the holy name of your Son, Jesus Christ, Amen.

www.mercy-road.org