Mercy Road Daily Prayer & Bible Reading ~ Friday, March 16, 2012

~ Read Exodus 15-16

"Guide me, O Thou great Jehovah,
Pilgrim through this barren land;
I am weak, but Thou art mighty,
Hold me with Thy pow'rful hand.
Bread of heaven, Feed now and evermore;
Bread of heaven, Feed now and evermore."
~William Williams, 1717-1791

"Guide me, O though great Jehovah," for I feel like a pilgrim in a barren land. Show me the way that you want me to go, because I cannot discern it on my own. Teach me your will and light my way. Fill my spirit with gratitude and praise for all that you have done. Give me a heart that desires your glory; for you are my great salvation and unending strength. You protect me, and preserve my life, in good times and bad. You care for me even when I think you are not there.

"Your right hand, O LORD, is majestic in power." Your arm cannot be defeated. No one can compare to your strength. No one is powerful and mighty like you.

"In your unfailing love you lead the people you have redeemed, by your strength, you guide them to your holy dwelling." O, how I desire to see you in person, to worship in your presence with all your people, and to see your glory with my own eyes. I cannot wait for that day. Sometimes I wish it were here right now. Guide me, O though great Jehovah, to that place were there is no more death or mourning or crying or pain. Lead me to the place where your peace is everlasting and your love never fails. "Bid my anxious fears good-bye," before they overwhelm me.

For I am weary, Lord, and worn down by the endless labors of life. My battle with sin and selfishness is relentless, and I'm afraid of being conquered. Though I begin every day with a new resolve to resist the temptations that will inevitably come, before my feet hit the ground, I've failed, and given into the fears that make me question you. It makes me wonder why you put up with me.

"Guide me, O though great Jehovah," for I feel like a pilgrim in a barren land. Do not reject me, though my heart often rejects you. Do not leave me in the mire of my pride and sin. Show me that you saved me for something more. It can't be that you brought me out of my slavery to sin just to watch me fall back into it again. There must be a reason you died on the cross for me. Surely, you saved me because of your great love, so please don't let me waste away without feeling it again.

"Guide me, O though great Jehovah." Guide me to your unending love through Jesus Christ, and never let me wander again.

By your grace and for your glory I pray all these things in Jesus' name, Amen.

www.mercy-road.org