Mercy Road Daily Prayer & Bible Reading ~ Monday, March 26, 2012

~ Read Exodus 27-28

Make my heart an altar, Lord God, where you are worshiped and praised. Take the idols that once lived there, and sacrifice them as an offering to you. Expel the arrogance, pride, and self-righteous, that take up so much space, that it might be pure, and devoted to you. Fill it with your grace, truth, hope, and love, so you might be glorified in and through it.

Make my body a sanctuary, Lord, where you are honored and feared. Use my mouth to speak your truth, to build your church, and expand your kingdom here on earth. Use my feet to carry your grace to every corner of my community. Use my hands to serve others, show compassion, and demonstrate your mercy wherever I go.

Let my faith shine bright for everyone to see, Lord God. May it provide light for those who remain in darkness, and hope for those who know the brokenness of their sin. Make it grow stronger each day as a lasting witness to the work of Christ, and the salvation that is mine through him.

Dress, me, Lord, in the clothes of your righteousness. Cover me with your garments of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience I need, that I may bear with others, and forgive whatever grievances I may have against them, as you have forgiven all my sin. Help me, Lord, to demonstrate your love in everything I do, for the unity of your body and the strength of your kingdom. Give me the wisdom, I need to apply your truth to my life, so your word is not just something that I know, but something I do every day.

Adorn my life with the fruit of your Holy Spirit, so all I think, say and do, might be edifying to others, and glorifying to you. Through Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior, I pray these things in his magnificent name. Amen.