Mercy Road Daily Prayer & Bible Reading ~ Tuesday, March 27, 2012

~ Read Exodus 29-30

Lord God,

In Old Testament times, your priests were consecrated through offerings and sacrifices of animals. They were cleansed through washings with water, and adorned in sacred garments of dignity and honor. But I am consecrated through the atoning sacrifice of your Son, who, gave his life for me. He has washed me by his blood, and clothed in his righteousness, to cleanse me of my sin, heal my brokenness, and restore my dignity and honor as your child.

Lord Jesus, I am unworthy of your mercy, and undeserving of the sacrifice you gave. Though I've done nothing to earn your special favor, and nothing to merit your love, you've forgiven my sins by your wonderful grace, and inclined my heart to worship you today.

How sweet the name of Jesus sounds
In a believer's ear?
It soothes his sorrows, heals his wounds,
And drives away his fear.

It makes the wounded spirit whole,
And calms the troubled breast;
'Tis Manna to the hungry soul,
And to the weary rest.

Dear name! the rock on which I build,
My shield and hiding place;
My never–failing treas'ry filled
With boundless stores of grace.

Jesus! my Shepherd, Husband, Friend,
My Prophet, Priest, and King;
My Lord, my Life, my Way, my End,
Accept the praise I bring.#

In your gracious and holy name I pray, Amen!