Mercy Road Daily Prayer & Bible Reading ~ Thursday, April 5, 2012

~ Read Leviticus 3-4

Lord God

It's difficult for me to imagine what my life would be like, if I had to keep up with all the sacrifices and offerings of Old Testament times. I am so grateful that Jesus' death not only secured my forgiveness and freed me from my slavery to sin, but also paid the price of my sin and the demands of your holy justice, so that continual offerings and sacrifices were no longer required from those who accepted Christ as the "all sufficient" sacrifice for their sin. Indeed, it seems too good to be true, yet true it is, and for that, I am eternally grateful.

I'm grateful, that I too can have fellowship with you because of the peace that Christ has brought to our relationship. I am thankful that he has reconciled me to you. I am gratified that I can be in communion with you because of what he has done. I am forever indebted to him for the sacrifice that he made, which is why I worship and praise.

Though I am no longer required to bring you offerings or sacrifices, I do so willingly because of what you've done for me because of your great love. I give you my time for worship and prayer so that I can continue to grow in the grace and knowledge of who you are and what you call me to do. I give you my talents for service and ministry that your kingdom my flourish and prosper. I offer my treasures and all of my wealth to show my devotion and reliance on you. I give you my life, my "all," and myself, that you might be glorified in everything that I do.

Lord, forgive me when I am not the person that you call me to be. Forgive me when I'm dishonest and untrue. Forgive me when I am too focused on what makes me happy. Forgive me when I fail to think about how my words and actions affect others. Forgive me when I'm not concentrating on you and your glory. Please accept my confessions today, as my sin offering to you, knowing that I give it, not out of compulsion, but out of gratitude and appreciation for all that you do.

By the name of Jesus Christ, my Offering and Sacrifice, I pray all these things. Amen.