Mercy Road Daily Prayer & Bible Reading ~ Wednesday, April 18, 2012

~ Read Leviticus 23-24

Rest, Lord. I need some rest. I need a break from my daily trials and troubles. I need relief from my struggles and sin. I need the peace that defies all understanding, the comfort that comes only from you. I need the assurance that I am redeemed, and the confidence of knowing I could never lose your love.

Though physical rest is helpful to an extent, it cannot provide what I ultimately need. It does not keep me from striving for the approval and acceptance of others. It does not stop me from trying to earn your love. The only thing that gives me such rest, is Jesus.

He is my Passover Lamb, who died to pay for my sin and freed me from its bondage. He is my Sabbath rest, who keeps me from striving and working for your forgiveness. He is the atonement for all my sin, who allows me to rest in your grace. He is the redeemer of my soul, who restores me, and reconciles me to you.

Lord God, Give me a thankful heart as I live this day for you. Guide my thoughts, words, and deeds, do that everything I think, do, and say brings glory and honor to you. Forgive me of all my sin, according to your promise to do so, by grace through faith in Jesus Christ, and help me to live for you.