Nothing Says "I love you" like Obedience


The Christian cannot be certain of the reality and depth of his love until he comes face-to-face with the commandments of Christ and is forced to decide what to do about them. Then he will know. "Whoever does not love me does not keep my words" (John 14:24), said the Lord. "Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves me" (John 14:21). So the final test of love is obedience. Not sweet emotions, not willingness to sacrifice, not zeal, but obedience to the commandments of Christ.

Adapted from, Tozer Devotional, "Tests of Love." Saturday, August 12, 2012. Scripture references from the King James Version were replaced with corresponding references from the English Standard Version. 

Click here to read the Tozer Devotional in its entirety.